Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Chickadee Haven

Boreal Chickadee. The only Chickadee with a brown cap. Mixed amongst the Black-capped Chickadees. At first I thought it was a Grey-capped Chickadee who had come down from the arctic and I had made a discovery. Oh well, I'll have to wait to make my grand entrance into the "scientific community", lol.


Mountain Chickadee. Rare bird, easily identified by it's white eyebrow. Mixed amongst the Black-capped Chickadees. Looks a lot like a Red-breasted Nuthatch, but notice the black bibb. Man I would love a job doing this, hehe. Probably could if I worked hard enough. That whole "work" thing again, damnit! lol













Splitting a seed held between it's feet. Soon to be photographed: Black-capped Chickadee, Chestnut-backed Chickadee, and I'll swing by the arctic and snap a shot of the Grey-capped Chickadee, haha.

1 comment:

phil said...

Of all the visitors I get at the feeder there's nobody more welcome than the chickadees...they always call before appearing, so I can look up from reading to watch them.

Great photos, Adam!

~phil